OSKIA Restoration Oil (and The Beauty Shortlist is 5 today!)
What’s innovative in beauty? A new product that does a lot of different things, or does clever double duty, like – way back in the day – a tinted moisturiser with inbuilt an SPF?
A modern science breakthrough discovered by people in white lab coats?
Or high performing plant extracts (you’ve probably never heard of) which make their way into a game-changing new formula?
Multiple-award winning British brand OSKIA has consistently pioneered new launches showcasing the power and efficacy of plant-meets-science beauty since we first reviewed the brand on The Beauty Shortlist (it’s our 5th birthday today) so by complete coincidence – totally unintentionally – we have OSKIA on the blog again to mark five fly-by years of blogging!
Love this! Taken from OSKIA’s site
“If you’re in the market for a serious facial oil by a Great British Brand, OSKIA’s Restoration Oil is a no-brainer”
To celebrate, it’s OSKIA’s RESTORATION OIL’s turn today – we’d call it “the” oil for people who don’t normally like facial oils. Why?
1) It absorbs exceptionally well, and is really light to the touch. 2) It suits all skins. 3) It’s healing: it doesn’t just increase firmness and suppleness, it’s a good “repairer and calm downer”. And 4) the ingredients are really interesting! (See below)
OSKIA’s hardworking, ultra-light skin restorer does a lot more than a lot of the other oils on the market
- African Acmella flower and Alaria Esculenta Algae increase firmness and suppleness.
- Crithmum Martimum extract from Sea Fennel and Lupin Seed enhance collagen production.
- A delicate blend of Omega-rich plant & flower oils from Heart Seed Vine & Echium soothe and alleviate discomfort.
- Rice Bran Oil helps protect against free radical damage.
- Turmeric, a wonderful anti-inflammatory, improves skin radiance and evens skin tone.
- Starflower, Sunflower seed & Evening Primrose oils improve elasticity for hydrated, smoother and soothed skin.
- Rose Hip Seed Oil, known for its skin heeling properties and rich in retinoic acid, carotenoids & omegas, effectively help repair damaged skin.
We rate this particular oil’s blend of high tech natural actives and floral oils, its anti-inflammatory (thanks to Turmeric) and the scent is pleasant in a very subtle, natural way. This is because OSKIA have used a 100% natural floral fragrance that includes Moroccan rose & geranium oils with hints of Sweet Orange, English lavender & English chamomile oil, Vanilla absolute, Sandalwood & Peppermint.
And it won’t do anything to your skin, obviously, but the deep sea blue/green glass bottle – echoing the collagen-boosting and firming algae and sea fennel extracts inside, perhaps? – is gorgeous!
Facial oil season is approaching – autumn brings crisper, drier air – so if you’re in the market for a serious facial oil by a Great British Brand, OSKIA’s Restoration Oil is a no-brainer.
You might also like…?
The best hand we’ve tried this year….yep! OSKIA’s RENAISSANCE HAND CREAM which we found actually makes hands look younger with consistent use, outperforming every other hand cream in the 2014 Beauty Shortlist Awards.
At £21, OSKIA’s Hand Cream is an investment. Hands look and feel smoother and younger instantly and used regularly we found the positive effects to be cumulative. Winner – Best Hand Cream in The 2014 Beauty Shortlist Awards
OSKIA works with some of the most exclusive spas and hotels around the world, including
Headley Road, Grayshott, Nr Hindhead, Surrey GU26 6JJ
Reservations +44 (01) 1428 602020, website: www.grayshottspa.com
“Quintessentially British with mind-blowing treatments” VOGUE JAPAN.
“OSKIA’s treatments are legendary” British Beauty Blogger