ELLE MACPHERSON’S The Super Elixir™ launches at Selfridges
On her 50th birthday at the end of March, Elle Macpherson said: “I feel loved, balanced, happy, healthy and at peace with who I am”.
She added: ‘Feeling good on the inside is more important to me now…looking good follows. My secret? Love, laughter…and my super greens.’
Now Elle is launching her own “extra green” supergreen mix, The Super Elixir, through her company WelleCo (yes we noticed the “Elle” in there!) which lands at Selfridges today, 22 May.
WATCH THE LIVE Q&A WITH ELLE AT SELFRIDGES TODAY AT 3pm HOSTED BY CALGARY AVANSINO (VOGUE) on: YOUTUBE
How to get that “Elle glow”…
Elle and Dr Simone Laubscher
Formulated by Elle’s Harley St. doctor Dr Simone Laubscher PhD, The Super Elixir was created specifically to alkalise the body (aka balance it and set the stage for optimal health).
Stress and the all too typical British diet of bread, wine (!) and sugar – even if we are trying to eat healthily ‘side-by-side’ – are pH disruptors, creating acidic levels (the root of a LOT of problems, not good)…but more on the pH/alkaline factor and how to test yours, in a minute…)
“I feel loved, balanced, happy, healthy and at peace with who I am”
– Elle Macpherson
Basically, an alkaline-balanced body = better immunity, better hair and skin, more energy, more stamina and too many other benefits to list here. In a nutshell, if you’re functioning with a pH lower than 7’ish (experts say ideal levels are about 7.45 – 7.5) then you’re chronically too acidic.
DISEASES LOVE AN OVER-ACIDIC BODY – WHY ALKALISING IS YOUR BEST DEFENCE
Some cancer experts also believe cancer cells feed off sugar and following this theory, one of the best defences is an alkaline-balanced body, because being properly balanced may help prevent tumour growth. If your pH level is ideal, you’re far more likely NOT to get the winter colds and bugs flying around, too. And when our bodies are too acidic, toxins accumulate.
Pick up your pH test strips at Amazon.co.uk – £8.99
FAT “LOVES” TOXINS SO THE CLEANER YOU ARE INSIDE, THE LEANER YOU’LL BE
And when toxins accumulate, fat clings to us to protect our organs from the toxins so the cleaner you are inside, the leaner you’ll be. (I’m just learning about the fat + toxins relationship, it could be the key to stubborn weight loss for a lot of people – thank you James Duigan, creator of the Clean & Lean plan, for that info!)
At the end of the day the proof of the pudding (chia rice pudding, not chocolate cake) is how you look and feel and can function. I haven’t tried The Super Elixir yet, but I’ve been taking super green powders on and off for years after I first discovered them when I lived in LA. So I can vouch for what they can do.
The Super Elixir is designed to support your healthy nutrition at a cellular level and optimise the functioning of all 11 systems of the human body.
I use supergreens to re-energise and rebalance my system, and I found them quite brilliant for weaning myself off sugar not that long ago. On 31 December 2012 I gave up all forms of sugar (in the end, for a whole six months – I do eat it sometimes but it hardly features in my life now). So what helped me the most – and very fast – were the supergreens I was adding to smoothies and yoghurt. They’re so nutritionally powerful that the theory is that your body doesn’t need, or crave, any bad stuff. All your bases are covered!
I thought my “goodbye sugar!” experiment would be tough. After 5 days I couldn’t look at a chocolate bar. I tried one after two weeks and it tasted like cocoa-flavoured fat drenched in a kilo of white sugar. I threw it away.
I’m excited about Elle’s new launch. The Super Elixir’s label reads really well, it’s an intelligently formulated mix, covering all the bases, so it should help with inflammation (another big cause of lots of bad things), energy, immunity, digestion and it contains probiotics, too. It’s designed to help deal with a lot of today’s stresses including anxiety, fatigue and premature ageing, and digestive health.
WATCH: THE SUPER ELIXIR…WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT? On YOUTUBE
SO…here’s your Super Elixir cheat sheet and the full ingredients are below!
* The Super Elixir contains a blend of powerful alkalising greens with vitamins, minerals and trace elements to assist wellness and vitality.
* 45 key ingredients including biovailable alkalising super greens, Chinese herbs, digestive enzymes and members of the maitake mushroom family.
* It is designed to support your healthy nutrition at a cellular level and optimise the functioning of all 11 systems of the human body. When combining The Super Elixir™ with a balanced diet and exercise, people have experienced increased energy levels and many other benefits associated with a more alkaline state.
* Dosage: 10g (approx. 2 tsps) daily, sprinkled on salads, yoghurt, in smoothies. I have to say I don’t like supergreen powders sprinkled on salads, they change the taste for me – so I take them in a smoothie or mixed with yoghurt, almonds, apricots or kiwi fruit and a little honey.
What does alkaline state mean and how do I measure it?
(I buy the urine and saliva testing pH strips from Amazon.co.uk)
Your body’s alkaline state, also known as pH, can affect your overall wellbeing. pH is generally measured using pH strips to ensure the body is within the desired alkaline range of 6.5 to 7.5 (dependent on how the pH strips are used).
What are the complete ingredients?
WelleCo The Super Elixir
- Ingredients: Certified Organic Barley Grass1*, Certified Organic Wheatgrass*, Pineapple1, Apple1, Certified Organic Alfalfa1*, Spinach1, Goji Berry1, Apple Pectin, Fructo oligosaccharides (FOS), L-Glutamine, Linseed Meal1, Psyllium Husk1, Lemon1, Lime1, Beetroot1, Carrot1, Natural Pineapple Flavour, Natural Lime Flavour, Xylitol (sweetner), Acai1, Pomegranate1, Calcium Citrate, Papaya1, Probiotic Blend (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum), Certified Organic Spirulina1*, Astralagus Extract, Broccoli1, Grape Seed Extract1, Kelp1, Magnesium Citrate, Milk Thistle Extract, Eleutherococcus senticosus Extract (Siberian Ginseng), Zinc Gluconate, Dandelion Leaves Extract, Maitake Mushroom Extract, Shitake Mushroom Extract, Green Tea Extract, Turmeric1, Aloe Vera1, Horsetail1, Sweetener (steviol glycosides), Copper Gluconate, Beta Carotene, D-Biotin, Selenium Methionine
- *Certified organic by the ACO and USDA. Gluten Free.
- Store in a cool dry place below 30°C.