12 THOUGHTS ON BEING HAPPY, HUMAN AND OTHER THINGS
1. Two of the most powerful words in the human language are “THANK YOU”. #gratitude
2. It’s better to row your own boat than navigate someone else’s surf and flotsam (thank you Claire at The Healing Journey for this one!)
3. Love only those who love you.
4. Not invited to the party? #haveyourown.
5. Kindness is free and the ripple effect can be priceless.
6. Pay it forward. It will come back to you, if not tomorrow then at a later time in your life.
7. “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two impostors just the same…” then that will stand you in good stead – from the poem IF by Rudyard Kipling
8. Be glad you’re free (so many people in this world are not, either mentally, physically – or both)
9. You know you’ve found the right person if you can pass the bedsit test. If you can be happy in a tiny place you can be happy in a mansion. The inverse version to this is, no amount of money/bigger, better homes/plastic surgery, etc. can fix a relationship that just isn’t meant to be.
10. Money doesn’t necessarily make you happier but it can help you feel freer. Feel free to give some to someone who has much less than you.
11. Sleep is the ultimate luxury.
12. Your gut instinct is biologically faster than your brain when it comes to sizing up a situation or person. It’s your best choice most of the time.
“You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair” – Chinese Proverb.