SAY HELLO TO C.O. BIGELOW at LIBERTY’S
Love a good retro/vintage/apothecary-style bath and beauty brand? Then say hello to C.O. Bigelow if you haven’t yet met.
Here’s the scoop: America’s oldest apothecary, founded in 1838, has a flagship store in NYC (Greenwich Village) and fans include Liv Tyler, Susan Sarandon and a whole plethora of loyal fans from US presidents to rock n roll legends. COB carries its own “selected edit” of beauty brands which it sells online but it’s its OWN name range we’ve been liking the look of and (thankfully), guess what? It’s at Liberty’s.
Right then, how about a 60-second “quick shop”? Here’s what we spotted this week.
1) Above – Ultra Mentha Lip Shine, intensely minty and breath-freshening, it was a toss up between this one and the ridiculously soothing sounding Lemon Lip Cream. £8.50 each. Incidentally, if mint is your thing you can go Mentha mad as they do a whole range including a Body Wash, Foot Cream and a Body Butter for starters.
2) Grapefruit Body Cleanser £14 (try prizing this out of our mitts on a Sunday morning) Creamy lather + wakeup fragrance = on to a winner.
3) Not Your Ordinary Daily Shampoo Evidently not. Perfect for frequent shampooers, there’s enriching silk amino acids, coconut and panthenol in this with a fresh, clean coconut fragrance to boot. £12.
4) Derma Remedy Intense Dry Skin Therapy Body Lotion If your skin’s been misbehaving and acting dry lately, this works by boosting skin’s hydration pretty much instantly by 75% and can help break the cycle of ultra-dry skin within about 3 days. Worth a go for £20 if you want to get rid of that lizard skin look, no? Apply on damp skin after a bath or shower.
5) Lemon Body Cream with shea butter and kukui nut oil We went cuckoo over kukui after we tested Connock London’s body lotion a few years ago, the stuff is borderline magical when it comes to keeping skin feeling young and elastic-y, and C.O. Bigelow have added a healthy dose of shea butter too, to the mix. Ultra-moisturising and skin-brightening, the lemon oil and extract in this gives skin a Vitamin C boost, too. £24 for this summer soother.
Discover the entire C.O. Bigelow range at LIBERTY LONDON