20 THOUGHTS ON BEAUTY, LOVE AND LIFE
1. 50 is just a number, right? We’ve all seen 25 year olds who look 35, and 50 year olds who look 40.
2. Don’t stress about turning 40, 50 or 60, we should feel lucky to reach those mileposts. Many (many) people don’t.
3. Joy is a great anti-ager.
4. Beauty comes in many shades, ages and sizes.
5. By all means Botox yourself to the hilt if you feel better for it – I’m personally neither pro- nor anti-Botox but there will always be someone younger/older, more gorgeous/less attractive, richer/poorer than you/me/us.
6. Be a giver of free gifts. Give someone hope, encouragement and listen to him/her. Costs nothing and priceless.
7. Everybody’s life story is different #pleasedonotjudge
8. Joy is a great anti-ager and so is someone who loves you unconditionally. He/she could be 7 months old and cute as a button or 77 and has shared half your life. That is something.
9. Nurture yourself first, so you can nurture others – aka “Put your oxygen mask on first, then attend to everyone else”.
10. Count the positives, discount the negatives, there are positives and negatives everywhere, it’s up to us to filter out the crap.
11. Media-style beauty is fleeting (and Photoshopped), real beauty is imperfectly perfect.
12. The only people who are ugly are those who are ugly inside.
13. Be wonder-ful. See the wonder in the world, children are experts at this! “More wonder, less worry”
14. Surround yourself with people who let you BE (you) and love you for how and who you are.
15. If someone makes you feel bad, show them the door and lock it behind them.
16. If you think a spot has ruined your day/date, try swapping places with someone who’s having chemo. #RealityCheck
17. Don’t judge. That’s a money earner for people who wear wigs in law courts. A judgmental, critical mind is not a beautiful one.
18. Don’t miss today by focusing on yesterday (or tomorrow). Just breathe. Live-each-day.
20. LOVE. Is all there is.