12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS AT CULT BEAUTY Part 1
What could be better than getting the low down on this line-up of 12 eclectic festive treats from CULT BEAUTY‘s very own expert on all things beautiful, Alexia Inge herself? If you love original brands as much as we do, be our guest….dive in! Here are the first six to dip your toes into, Part 2 next week…
1. Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts (£35) – If you want a billion brownie points from a stress-head or insomniac friend get them these. The pink mineral salts draw out physical toxins, but there is a second level of ingredients – including powdered Amethyst crystals (these absorb the electromagnetic energy we absorb from mobiles and computers) and essential oils of lemongrass, juniper and geranium, which balance pH levels and positive/negative ions, helping the body to find equilibrium.
2. Belmacz Blitz or Silver Swan Eyeshadow (£29) – Belmacz is a world-renowned jewellery brand that extended its reach into makeup a few years ago and delights in blurring the boundaries between the two. It’s all about adorning the skin, using the beauty of precious metals to enhance features and will make anyone you give it to feel extra special. These two decadent, creamy concoctions add depth and definition to the eye without making one look like Dame Edna. The flecks of pure 24ct gold in Blitz and Silver in Silver Swan glint subtly in the light, adding a beautiful sheen to the skin. Blitz can also be used on the body to create a beautifully ethereal effect to the skin.
3. Molecule 01 (£38-£63) – This unusual fragrance smells so good, every man, woman & child in a 5-mile radius will want to know the source. Remember the old Impulse ads? This is even better. Developed by rising star of the perfume world Geza Shoen, Molecule 01 is an innovative fragrance that melds with one’s natural pheromones to create an individual scent that is unique to the wearer. A perfect bottom draw gift because it works on everyone, male or female.
4. DOSE Nail Polishes (£15) From Jane Schub, the ever-inspired creator of STRANGE BEAUTIFUL, there comes a new DOSE of nail genius. DOSE color pill nail polishes have been conceived with a tongue-in-cheek approach to color; a quirky remedy for nail ennui. The formula is the same hardwearing, highly pigmented, one-coat-quality as STRANGEBEAUTIFUL, but this time presented in pharmaceutically fabulous packaging. A wonderfully original gift for anyone who likes their manis.
5. Razorpit (£20) – It’s not the most romantic gift in the world – the name can be explained by the fact it is Danish – but this makes a wonderfully practical pressy for a man; it’s a razor sharpener that extends the life of your Gillette, Wilkinson sword or even BIC up to 200 uses longer and it actually works. Inspired by the way barbers sharpen their cut throats on a leather strap.
6. Ying Yu Jade Facial Roller (£25-£43) – These beautiful tools are hand carved out of Jade, a cleansing stone used in Chinese medicine for centuries to aid the body’s filtration organs and lymph system to expel toxins. Designed to use around the face and neck area to aid lymph drainage and blood flow, eliminating puffiness, toning facial muscles and plumping out wrinkles. You will also find that regular use minimises spots around the chin and jawline caused by toxin build-up.