NATURAL BEAUTY YEARBOOK UNVEILS 2013 INDUSTRY HOT LIST
THANK YOU to Natural Beauty Yearbook for a very sparkling event at Whole Foods in Kensington High Street yesterday evening, hosted by Melvita. Every year the Top 20 personalities in the natural and organic beauty industry are unveiled, and this year – must be a good sign – there are 25.
…and The Beauty Shortlist is one of them, in for the first time at No. 15. So ‘thank you’ if you voted for me, what a fantastic surprise, and congratulations to everyone who made the Top 25 – including Janey Lee Grace who scooped the No. 1 slot this year.
Highlights included finally meeting the lovely Tracey from VertPR, Simon Ford from Melvita, Janey Lee and Caroline Neville, President of the hugely respected and influential organisation CEW (Cosmetic Executive Women). Caroline gave an excellent talk about how the more ’boutique’ organic beauty brands can – and should – compete with the big boys (aka the international corporate giants who have spotted a big opportunity in the organic sector of the recession-resilient global beauty market and are grabbing it with every tentacle.) I’ll write a post about this soon because she made so many good points you’d find interesting.
So the wait is over, and the 2013 Natural Beauty Yearbook is out! Beautifully put together by Matt Chittock and Diversified team, it’s my go-to beauty industry directory full of “behind the brand” spotlights and fab features – you’ll want to get your hands on the 2013 edition sooner rather than later.
THE NATURAL BEAUTY YEARBOOK TOP 25 WHO’s WHO FOR 2013
1. Janey Lee Grace, broadcaster, author and natural beauty advocate
2. Carol and Paul Richards, Herbfarmacy co-directors
3. Alex and Kim Barani, Kinetic Enterprises
4. Simon Ford, Melvita UK, brand manager
5. Kirstie Allen, Pinks Boutique, co-founder
6. Simon Duffy & Rhodri Ferrier, Bulldog, co-founders
7. Graeme Hume, Pravera, founder
8. Tracey Robinson, Vert PR, founder
9. Sarah Brown, Pai Organic Skincare, owner
10. Sebastian Pole and Tim Westwell, Pukka, co-founders
11. Rebecca Goodyear, Biteable Beauty, PR and writer
12. Claire Braithwaite, Zulu Beauty, co-owner
13. Simon Golding, Australis, owner
14. Dr Mariano Spiezia, Inlight Organic Skincare, founder
15. Fiona Klonarides, Beauty Shortlist, editor
16. Michael Lightowlers, Dr Organic, marketing director
17. Nic White, Alva and ONE Beauty, founder
18. Jayn Sterland, Weleda, commercial director
19. Rivka Rose, Faith Products, founder
20. Sarah Stacey & Jo Fairley, beauty journalists
21. Ines Hermida, Whole Foods Market, beauty buyer
22. Imelda Burke, Content Beauty, founder
23. Margo Marrone, The Organic Pharmacy, founder
24. Laura Rudoe, Evolve, owner
25. Star Khechara, School of Holistic Cosmetology, course developer