BALANCE ME/Look Good Feel Better
We could have raved about Balance Me‘s multiple awards today, but we’ll save that for another Saturday!
Instead, a quick-ish note to say they’re donating £2 for every order of FULL SIZE skincare sold before October 7th to Look Good…Feel Better. When you’re facing cancer it can be so devastating in so many different ways, from chemo-induced hair loss to severe fatigue. You can never underestimate the power of a really good eyeliner or a red berry lipstick when your confidence is heading south and FGFB is a great initiative. They’re now in 21 countries and their workshops are fantastic.
Now’s the time to stock up on autumn/winter skincare and make a few switches because keeping skin “well charged” in autumn will help prevent drier, duller skin setting in as we edge closer to winter. Try:
- Upping your immune-boosting supplements (e.g. Terra Nova Resistance Support at Victoria Health)
- Adding a daily omega 3 if you’re not taking one (such as Ideal Omega 3 or flaxseed capsules)
- Introducing a really good facial oil again, if you use one (more on some new ones, next month!)
- Making sure your night cream is up to the autumn-winter challenge
- Getting enough sleep. Sleep deprivation sabotages skin, lowers immunity – and mood, and sleep regenerates cells.
- …and remember that central heating, chilly winds and nippy night air are not skin’s friends so if your skin is on the dry side, fend off the parchment paper look with Balance Me’s Rose Otto Body Cream with Arctic Cloudberry (£18/200ml) and keep a good hand cream in the kitchen, car and at work Super Moisturising Hand Cream £14.50/100ml)
Balance Me is one of the brands handpicked by Kate Shapland for MyShowcase, and if MyShowcase were a showroom we’d be in it from 10am until lunchtime on Tuesdays and Fridays. You’ll find iconic boutique brands there, including newcomer Beatitude, founded by aromatherapist Rebecca O’Connor in 2011 (we raved about the Citrus Paradisi and Mandarin Joy Bath Oil last winter and still miss it – it’s like the citrusssy spirit of Christmas in a bottle.)
MyShowcase features Face Stockholm, Blink Brow Bar, Balm Balm, Baby Face, Beatitude, De Mamiel, Connock London, Antonia Burrell, Elizabeth’s Daughter, New CID, Ruth Mastenbroek, T LeClerk, Orba and Poppy Valentine.
Dive in! MYSHOWCASE.COM