SIX PICKS FOR SPRING
1) Well, hello spring! Where have you been? Benefit’s ultra shine lip gloss has this season written all over it, in 12 non-sticky sheer shades, £14 each.
2) Ciate have nailed it beautifully with their three clever new Caviar Manicure Nail Kits £18 each: Mother of Pearl (white), Black Pearls, a deluxe glossy noir, or Rainbow (above). They’ve sold out already but you can sign up to the waiting list and they’ll be available at Sephora this week. Charlotte Knight, Ciate founder has just upped the nail stakes, big time, with these sprinkle-on-wet-polish-pearls. Ciate is free of formaldehyde, toluene and DBP (dibutyl phthalate), formaldehyde resin and camphor.
3) What’s not to love? Laqa’s Fat Lip Pencil in Ring of Fire. Solid, creamy, retractable, no sharpening needed. It’ll be nestling at the bottom of our beach bag next to a tube of Caudalie SPF30 Facial Suncare, whatever we’re reading in June, Connock London‘s Kukui Oil Hydrating Body Lotion, John Masters Dry Hair Nourisher and Priti NYC natural nail polish. At Cute Cosmetics who also stock Priti NYC’s beach-beautiful nail shades.
4) Green and… Spring (how appropriate!) We’ve just fallen in love with this lovable British brand. Seen in all the best places including Cowley Manor Spa, their Intensive Hand Cream (not shown) is our handbag pick for spring. Inspired by wild, ancient hedgerows, with clary sage, lavender, myrtle, rosemary, rose geranium and peppermint it has a really “garden fresh” scent to it. £12/75ml. See the full Green and Spring range here
5) Irish natural brand Voya is inspired by the sea and they make gorgeous skincare. Take My Little Hero, for example. It’s an anti-ageing face serum that will turn around parched, stressed, winter-battered skin in just days. Includes oils of Sweet Almond, Sunflower, Avocado, Rosehip, Gold of Pleasure, Coriander, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Rose Geranium, Palmarosa, Vanilla, Vetivert and more. The sea is so wonderfully healing and this Lazy Days Seaweed Bath is one of the most extraordinary “at home” bathing experiences around. www.voya.ie
6) Last but not least, the most glamorous of our divine half dozen. Oh yes, 20 years as a hero product deserves special recognition, so…here’s YSL Touche Éclat Celebration Edition (gorgeous, isn’t it?) Already at Harvey Nichols, it’s available nationwide from April 18th. £25