Winter Skin Tips – Guest Post by Lise Anderson, Founder LisaLise Skincare
Lise Anderson, founder of Copenhagen-based LisaLise www.lisalise.com is our guest beauty contributor this week.
Lise’s hand-crafted natural skincare really harnesses the power of plants and she’ll put together a tailor-made beauty routine for you based around her products and how your skin behaves. Extremes – hot sun and cold winds or central heating – can all sabotage skin’s radiance so here are two skin-boosting tips from Lise you can do at home:
Two Top Tips For a Fab Face
Having created custom skin care products for many years, I’ve had the privilege of working with some of the priciest and most luxurious ingredients on the market. Yet, despite being able to slather myself in expensive custom products (which is admittedly fabulous), I’ve found that effective skin care can be relatively inexpensive and easy to do. Here are my 2 top tips for a fabulously clean and glowing face – specially for readers of The Beauty Shortlist.
1. In Your Face, Honey!
This is a super simple, 2-minute mask that is cleansing, toning, and firming. It’s ideal for all ages and skin types (even problem and sensitive skin), effective, yet gentle enough for daily use. (sounds a bit like a miracle, doesn’t it?). Here’s the best part: you may well already have the ingredient you need at hand – raw honey.
Why raw honey? Because it contains a generous handful of minerals, albumins (water-soluble proteins), enzymes and vitamins. It is also antisceptic and antibacterial. In short: it’s a fantastic, skin-loving substance!
1. Remove makeup and rinse face. Do not dry – your skin should be damp.
2. Drip (or scoop) about a teaspoon of honey into your hand, ‘soften’ it between your hands, and apply to your face and neck.
3. Leave for 2 minutes (great use of this time: brushing teeth)
4. Rinse and pat dry
5. Finish with a spritz of alcohol-free skin tonic
If you’ve never tried a honey mask, you’ll be surprised at how easily it rinses off, leaving no stickiness (unless you forgot to pull back your hair!)
The luxury version: use active Manuka honey and finish with a Personally Formulated Skin Drench & Tonic or Skin Mist
2. Delicate Drops of Delight
For extra protection and skin-loving goodness, apply a few drops of plant-based oil (jojoba, sweet almond or apricot) to your face, neck, and decolletage after cleansing and before applying your normal moisturizer.
Method: Although this may seem complicated, it takes less than a minute to do. To lock in moisture, always apply to freshly washed skin that is still damp.
1. Put 4-6 drops of oil into the palm of one hand and quickly spread it between your palms so it is evenly dispersed. Be sure your fingertips are included.
2. Apply immediately to your face in light, upward strokes, starting with the cheeks.
3. Tap gently around the eye area, then continue with gentle upward strokes on the forehead.
4. Pinch along your jawline lightly, starting from the chin and working outwards towards each ear.
5. Finish with your neck and decolletage in gentle, upward strokes.
The luxury version: use a Personalized Oil Blend by LisaLise created for for your specific needs.